Tuesday, June 23, 2009
How to survive the miscarriage?
Upon learning of the pregnancy, the woman thinks about how her life changed with the birth of a child. She picks up baby name, mentally subject the children's room. Many hesitate to share good news with family and friends ...
But sometimes bad luck happens. Suddenly, there is bleeding, and the doctor tells a terrible sentence. Or, at the time of ultrasound in the second trimester - when the future mom seems that the main difficulties behind us - found that the baby's heart is not beating. This is the collapse of all hopes.
Regardless of the date on which a miscarriage, the feelings of bitterness, frustration and even anger seized the woman entirely. Ambient call to come to terms with the loss, especially if the miscarriage occurred at an early stage. They can not understand the grief of the mother failed, because I did not feel a special connection with the invisible child. In addition, the surrounding is often forgotten about the child's father, who also needs support.
Here are some tips to help you cope with grief:
* Let go of guilt. You may want to ask myself how many: «What do I do?». In fact, you, of course, nothing to blame. Perhaps the cause of miscarriage were congenital abnormalities in the development of the fetus. You simply can not change anything.
* Mourn for the child, let out a heavy feelings. Friends, relatives and other well-wisher will be advised as soon as possible to return to normal life, but it is important for you to experience what happened. Do not force the event. If you regularly work, it is a week of vacation to come to you.
* Seek support. Try to be surrounded by people who understand you. To sense the loss of a little blunt, required days and weeks. Support your loved ones ease the suffering. Talk to a psychologist or discuss the situation with a woman who also once had a miscarriage.
* Do not listen to what you say. Lover will tell you impolitic things. Even if their intentions are perfect, comments like «It happened because ...» or «It was not the last pregnancy» will bring more harm than good. Do not take these words to heart.
* Do not hold evil on a partner. Perhaps you think that a man going through a less due to the loss of a child. This is not necessarily so. Restraint does not mean that a man indifferent. Everyone copes with emotions in his own way, each - their ways of dealing with stress.
* Do not be nasty to you. Against the backdrop of emotions about their loss, to hear the news about the pregnancy or the birth of successful friends and relatives simply unbearable. Anger and resentment can arise from a thought that other women had become mothers, and you do not. This is a predictable reaction. Unfortunately, it can save time only.
After a miscarriage, some women want to immediately conceive another child, the other for a long time not thinking of motherhood. The most appropriate time for the next attempt to establish a conception doctor. Throughout this difficult period, try to be open to a man - this will help you both cope with the pain of loss.